11.13.2022

Social anxiety article published

 Originally posted first version of this here, now developed into this article on performative writing in response to pandemic for Cultural Studies Critical Methodologies

Articulating Apostasy: Crisis-Driven Medical Misbehavior Inspires Disciplinary Interrogation

In this essay I address insights gained during pandemic isolation in contrast to core assumptions of my professional discipline of communication. Drawing on perspectives from feminist studies of health and medicine, disability studies, and queer studies, I examine my increased health and productivity during social distancing. This is followed by a revised excerpt of an essay written to colleagues during our annual meeting, which had moved online. I conclude interrogating the ideology of beneficent connectedness.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/15327086221087657

No comments:

Post a Comment